DEADLINE IS APRIL 1ST
You may qualify for a homestead exemption (Senior Exemptions Do Not Apply Automatically) from City of Fairburn Property Tax.
Should you qualify, the taxable value of your property will be reduced by $10,000.
To qualify you must:
- Be 65 or older by January 1st and meet the income requirements of the year in which the exemption would apply.
- Live in the home (primary residence)
- Meet the income requirements
- no more than $15,800 in Social Security if single
- no more than $31,600 if married
- Present Federal and State Income Tax Return as proof of income.
- Driver's License
- All Vehicle Registrations
- Social Security Award letter (if you do not file income tax)
Most Senior exemptions have income requirements set by state law.
Property Tax Homestead Forms
These forms are:
- Screen fillable, however, you must first print for signature and notary authorization.
- May not be submitted electronically.