Tax Information

Important Tax Information - Property Tax

The City of Fairburn is responsible for the billing and collection of municipal real and personal taxes. The City also administers occupational licenses, including home occupations, and alcohol licenses from City Hall.

Occupational Tax Application

The City of Fairburn issues Occupation Tax Certificates only to those businesses located within the city limits of Fairburn. If a business is located in unincorporated Fulton County the owner must apply to the county for a business license. Those individuals engaged in any business, trade, profession or occupation within the city must register with and pay an occupational tax to the City of Fairburn. The Occupational Tax Application is available online.

County & School Property Tax / Vehicle Registration / Tags 

Fulton County Tax Commissioner
141 Pryor Street, Suite 1085
Atlanta, GA 30303
Visit to learn more about the county, school and vehicle taxes

The Fulton County Tax Commissioner is responsible for the billing and collection of real and personal taxes for Fulton County and Fulton County schools. The Tax Commissioner manages the registration and titling of cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, mobile and motor homes, and any other motorized vehicles using Georgia's highway system.