The Engineering Department's mission is to provide technical support services and guidance where needed for internal and external customers in order to meet the Public Health, Environmental Health and safety goals of the community. The Engineering Department is responsible for project development/management/delivery, transportation planning, environmental compliance, plan review, land disturbance permitting, GIS/Mapping, and assisting other departments of the City.
Stormwater / Environmental Protection Who to Call List
- Report Littering: Call 770-964-1441 if you witness littering or dumping.
- Report Litter to be cleaned up: Report non-storm water discharges by calling Code Enforcement at 770-964-2244. These would include used oil, concrete, grease, food waste, car wash runoff, or detergents.
- Report Flammable discharges (Fuel): Contact 911 if fuel or other flammables are spilled in large quantities.
- Vector Control (Mosquito Control): Call 770-969-3481 to report abandoned tires along with other mosquito habitat requiring treatment or other eradication measures.
- Polluter's Hotline: Report any form of non-emergency pollution anonymously through the Clean Water Campaign's.
- Household Hazardous Materials: For information on how to dispose of common household chemicals and other materials, see this easy to read brochure.
Forms & Documents
Report a Problem
If you have a request or problem, please submit your request to the Engineering and Public Works Director. Please submit your problem with the Report a Problem form.