Utility Deposits, Fees & Sanitation
Before services can be connected, an application must be completed at City Hall, 56 Malone Street. The following information will be needed:
- Settlement Statement from Closing or Lease Agreement
- Driver's License or other Government Issued ID with Photograph
- Cash, Money Order, or Credit Card payment for deposit
The amount of your deposit will be determined by your credit score. (No checks accepted on initial deposit.)
- A credit score above 700 will not require a deposit
- A credit score of 650 – 700 requires a deposit of $250
- A credit score below 650 requires a deposit of $350
To request Fairburn Electric, Sanitation, or Water Services
|Electric, Water/Sewerage, Sanitation||$350|
|Residential Electric only||$350|
Deposit Amounts - Non-Residential (Based on Type of Business)
|Electric, Water/Sewerage, Sanitation||2 months average bills – $600 minimum|
|Water only||2 months average bills – $400 minimum|
Monthly Sanitation Fees
|Residential Sanitation||$14.73 *|
|Business Sanitation||Contact advanced disposal for service at 770-381-6420|
|95-gallon cart||$17 *|
|4-yard dumpster||$55 *|
|6-yard dumpster||$82 **|
|8-yard dumpster||$109 **|
* 1 Pickup Per Week
** Per Pickup
There is an additional charge for additional carts and containers.
Storm Water Utility Fees
|Single-family housing unit||$4.08 per month|
|Multi-family unit||$1.84 per month|
|Commercial/Industrial/Other||$4.08/ERU per month|
Utilities are billed by the City. Your bill is mailed by the last business day of each month. It will contain itemized charges for all the utility services you receive through the City. If you do not receive your bill within the first 3 business days of the month you should contact Billing at 770-969-3470. Failure to receive a bill does not entitle you to delay payment. When contacted, we will furnish appropriate information so you may pay in a timely manner.
- You may pay by your bill by mail with a check or money order.
- You may pay in person between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at a Cashier Window/Drive-thru window located at City Hall, 56 Malone Street. Or by phone at 770-964-2244. Cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted.
- You may pay at a Night Depository located at City Hall next to the drive-thru window. Please use a check or money order. Do not deposit cash.
- You may pay online through Fairburn Utilities.
Please make checks and money orders payable to the City of Fairburn. Please include your account number. A $36 handling fee will be charged on all returned checks.
Payments for utility services are due by 5 p.m. on the 16th of each month. If the 16th falls on a non-business day, payment must be received by 5 p.m. the next business day to avoid late fees. Accounts not paid in full on or before 5 p.m. on the 16th will be assessed a late charge of 10%. Accounts not paid in full by 2 p.m. on the 23rd day of a month may have utility services interrupted without further notice. After 2 p.m. on the 23rd, a cutoff list will be generated and an administrative fee of $35 will be added to the bill. This applies to all accounts on the cutoff list. The entire balance must be paid in full to restore services. Returned checks will result in a $30 fee being charged to your account and may prompt immediate termination of service. Disconnected accounts will be reconnected within 48 hours after payment of the account balance. Please use the night deposit box on the rear of City Hall when the 16th falls on a weekend or holiday to avoid any additional charges.