Utilities FAQs

Utilities FAQs

Who do I call when my electric power is out?

Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm., call the City of Fairburn Utilities at 770-969-3481. After-hours, please contact 770-854-0110 to report any power outages.

How do I apply for new service?

Please visit City Hall at 56 Malone Street S.W. Fairburn, GA 30213 to start a new service or make payments on your account. Learn more and access the: 


What should I do during a power outage?

After reporting the outage to the Utility Department at 770-969-3481 during business hours or the after-hours number at 770-854-0110, unplug all non-essential appliances. Also, keep refrigerators and freezer doors closed. Continually opening and closing these doors will result in faster loss of cold air.

Can I make utility payments with a credit card?

Yes, credit card payments are accepted with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal, and American Express. Pay utility bills online here.

Who is responsible for the repair to the water and sewer lines coming into my house?

The City maintains the water lines in the street up to the curb box. The curb box is the shut off valve located near the sidewalk or street. The property owner is responsible for water lateral repairs from the curb box to the house. The water meter is maintained by the City. The City maintains the sewer mains in the street. The property owner is responsible for repairs to the sewer from its connection to the main into the house.

How can I request a new container?

To request a new container please contact 770-969-3481