Amwaste Sanitation Services
IMPORTANT NOTICE: NEW SOLID WASTE & RECYCLING SERVICE PROVIDER
The City of Fairburn is pleased to announce Amwaste will serve as the new solid waste and recycling service provider effective January 1, 2024. The information below includes important notes and collection guidelines.
City of Fairburn Utilities Department
- Pick Up Calendar
- Mailer to All Residents - Round 1
- Mailer to All Residents - Round 2
- Curbside Service Schedule Map
- The new trash cart will be delivered with the service day tagged on the front of the cart's lid. Please see the example below:
- Amwaste will begin delivering new trash carts the week of December 18th. Please allow 2 weeks for all trash carts to be delivered. For residents that receive backdoor service, the new trash cart will be placed at the rear of the home.
- Please do not place trash in the new cart until the week of December 25th. Amwaste will not begin servicing the carts until January 2, 2024.
- Amwaste utilizes "One-Bin Solution" for the disposal of all trash and recyclable items. Therefore, a separate cart is not required for recycling items, nor will a separate cart be provided for recycling. Place all trash and recycling items inside your trash cart. Do not place any additional bags on the ground for trash service.
- Trash service will continue to be provided once per week. Make sure all items are bagged and placed inside your cart.
- Place cart(s) at the curb before 7AM on your service day with the wheels and handles facing your house no more than 3 feet from the curb.
- Do not place carts on storm drain covers; storm gutters; steep slopes; elevated platforms; under low-hanging utility lines, over-head obstruction; or within 6 feet of a fixed object (mailbox, hedges, parked vehicle, etc.).
- In order to qualify for backdoor services, due to medical reasons, please contact Amwaste at 706-298-7274.
- If you are 65 years or older, you are qualified for the Senior Rate. There will be a 20% discount applied to your monthly bill. If you would like to sign up for this rate, please contact the City of Fairburn's Utilities Department, to provide the required documentation.
- If you need a second cart, please contact City of Fairburn's Utilities Department. Please note that there is an additional charge of $7.50, per additional cart.
The monthly rate for all services is $28.84. The monthly rate for all services with the 20% Senior Discount is $23.07. Monthly services include:
- Weekly Household Trash Service
- Backdoor Service Option (must qualify)
- Weekly Yard Waste Service
- 2x Monthly Curbside Bulk Service
One Bin Solution
Total Monthly Rate
Missed Pickup by Fault of Resident (Return Trip Fee)
|$25.00 Per Request
Missed Pickup by Fault of Contractor
One Bin Solution - Recycling
Amwaste currently utilizes a One-Bin Solution that allows the MSW material to be source separated, guaranteeing 20% recycled from the MSW material.
One-Bin Solution service is a collection system that comingles recyclable with non-recyclable material. The collected material is taken to a high-tech facility specifically designed to source separate items. While traditional single stream sorting facilities produce higher quality recyclable material, the contamination percentages continue to grow as the end user of those materials demand “cleaner” commodities. This requires the contaminated material to be landfilled in most every case. With one-bin collection and sorting, the percentages of material removed from the waste has a higher volume reduction in that the material has a recycle and repurpose end.
CLICK HERE to view a video for more information.
Materials Accepted in Carts
These materials WILL be collected:
- Household garbage
- Recyclable material
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Household amounts of pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers
- Moving boxes (broken down to fit inside trash cart)
- Packing materials (bagged)
- Glass jars
- Bagged yard debris
Yard Waste and Bulk Service
- Yardwaste will be serviced weekly on the same day as your trash service. No phone call is required to schedule service. Please use biodegradable bags for yardwaste.
- Curbside Service: Bagged yardwaste should be placed curbside the evening before your service day and must be no more than 3 feet from the curb and away from obstructions.
- All yardwaste must be bagged and should not exceed 50 pounds in total weight.
- Branches may not be longer than 4 feet long and 3 feet in diameter. Twigs need to be bundled.
- Bulk Items will be serviced the 1st and 3rd week of each month. Maximum 3 items per week. Place items to the curb by 7am each week for service. No phone call is required for this service.
- Refrigerated appliances require a Freon removal tag issued by a certified technician.
These materials WILL be collected:
- Rolled carpet
- Construction & demolition debris generated by homeowner only
- Appliances (refrigerated appliances require a Freon removal tag issued by a certified technician)
- Bulk household items that will not fit in your trash cart
- Please use biodegradable bags for yard waste.
Materials Not Accepted
These materials WILL NOT be collected:
- Commercial construction debris
- Piles of dirt
- Hazardous waste
- Large car parts (engines, rotors, etc.)
- Landscape or railroad cross ties
- Medical waste
- Animal carcasses
All services WILL BE delayed by one day following the holiday. If the holiday falls on a weekend, service will not be interrupted.
Dates may be subject to change.
Pick Up Calendar
Place cart(s) at the curb before 7AM on your service day with the wheels and handles facing your house no more than 3 feet from the curb.